Founded in 1994, Slater Investments is an investment management company providing UK-focused equity products. We manage public Funds and Segregated Portfolios for institutional investors, pension funds and high net worth individuals, as well as a hedge fund. We are a company of 15-20 employees headquartered in the City of London, a short walk from Cannon Street Station.
The Sales team are seeking an enthusiastic Sales Team Assistant to join them. Reporting to the Head of Distribution, this role will make a big impact on the effective running of the sales function. The ideal candidate will be proactive in identifying solutions, handling multiple tasks at once and have a strong eye for detail. Dependent on performance, this role has the potential to progress into a Sales Associate role. No prior experience is required, and full training will be provided on the job.
- SALES TEAM SUPPORT: Drive the Sales team’s efficiency by recording meeting minutes and distributing actions in a timely manner. Handle the scheduling of client meetings ensuring that all required documentation is readily available and compiled in advance. Work closely with the Compliance and Marketing departments to ensure presentations are completed on time. Own the planning and organisation of external and internal events, supporting and executing as required. Complete ad hoc duties as requested by team.
- CLIENT ENGAGEMENT: Act as a key point of contact for both our existing and prospective clients, proactively dealing with their incoming inquiries. Distribute relevant materials to them and follow up on any potential business leads. Share news on upcoming events and actively encourage attendance through follow up phone calls. Accurately complete client fund questionnaires, RFP’s/RFI’s and Due Diligence documents in a timely manner.
- MARKET INSIGHT: Utilise financial data to provide team with fund performance figures, market updates and competitor analysis. Impact decision making of Sales team through the tracking of customer leads to identify new sales opportunities, translating these insights into an easily digestible report.
- A lively, can-do attitude with an ability to engage on the telephone.
- Team player – collaborative, flexible and supportive of the rest of the team.
- Ability to manage time appropriately and meet deadlines.
- Effective communicator – strong written English and a professional phone manner.
- Ability and flexibility to organise and manage several tasks at once.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficient with MS Office – especially Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A starting salary of £22,000 plus discretionary annual bonuses.
- Paid-for training, sector qualifications and study days.
- Vast exposure to all aspects of an investment company and opportunities for career progression.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we are currently working remotely. Please therefore be aware that, among other things, interviews may take place by phone or video, and some new hires may need to be onboarded remotely. The necessary equipment to perform your role remotely will be provided.