We Can't Afford Not to Care.
Slater Investments is a signatory to the UN supported Principles for Investors in Inclusive Finance (PIIF) – a responsible investment framework housed within the PRI initiative for investors focused on expanding access to affordable and responsible financial products and services to those traditionally excluded.
What is ESG Investing?
Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Investing is an umbrella term for investments that seek both positive performance, but also to have a beneficial long-term impact on society, the environment and the performance of the business. For a deep dive into the world of ESG, please click here. We see ESG Investing to encompass the following elements:
- Climate change – including physical risk and transition risk
- Resource depletion, including water
- Waste and pollution
- Working conditions, including slavery and child labour
- Local communities, including indigenous communities
- Health and safety
- Employee relations and diversity
- Executive pay
- Bribery and corruption
- Political lobbying and donations
- Board diversity and structure
- Tax strategy